Friday, May 05, 2006

Chiang Rai: Slow down when you get there.

Friday I'm in northern Thailand.

Monday I'm in Pagan Burma!

Lightning travel can be exhilarating.

What if you slowed down and stayed in one place?

An obscure place, or so your friends say.

That's what I did.

Chiang Rai in Northern Thailand is my home.

Even though I'm originally from Palo Alto, California.

When people ask me where I'm from, I'm from Chiang Rai.

When you stay in one place for a long time.

You begin to see and hear things that you didn't see and hear before.

That's why I started taking photographs.

Developing them at the darkroom of Chiang Rai's Alliance Francaise.

One of my best friends Nung, a true artist, teaches photography there.

The most interesting things to see in Chiang Rai.

Are the little unnoticed things.

Every day beauty.

When you get there: Slow down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home